When you just have no time to whip up a fancy breakfast platter, or if you’re running out of ideas on what to serve yourself, why not try this easy healthy breakfast recipe with egg, buttered toast and fruits?
It could be just like the continental one you get at hotels. 😉
Last March was supposed to be activity-filled, but Avis got fever and diarrhea so most of my tasks were shoved to the back burner. If you’re a work at home mom, I’m sure you’ll know what I mean. 🙁
I’ve been quite busy changing her and making sure she gets her sleep (it’s hard to get her to snooze for more than 15 minutes!). When her sickness persisted, I took her to her pediatrician immediately one Saturday to get her checked up.
Prior to this whole getting sick in the house debacle, I committed to healthier eating options this 2016. It’s part of the goals in my FREE Gear Yourself For Success workbook.
I’m doing pretty well for a relapsed vegetarian. So far, this April I’ve been quite good at keeping my calorie intake monitored with MyFitnessPal & Pacer app. I’ve also started to run again after years of no track & field training. (I used to be an athlete when I was a kid and would run with weights on my ankles)
A week from now, I’m going to be older. So here’s to making wiser decisions in life, including health.
- 2 pcs Gardenia enriched white bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pc medium egg
- 1/4 cup melon, cubed
- 2 slices of pomelo
- 2 pcs fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp McCormick dried basil leaves
- a dash of paprika
- Spread half tbsp of butter onto white bread and toast for 3 minutes
- Heat a small skillet with olive oil. Melt the other half tbsp of butter.
- Fry the egg until yolk starts to turn from runny to partially firm
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and a sprinkle of dried basil leaves.
- Cover the pan with a clear glass lid. When the steam sizzles, the egg is finally ready.
- Slide the egg onto a plate.
- Serve with buttered toast, fresh fruits & top the egg with fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Replace the white bread with whole wheat bread
- Use free-range organic eggs instead of regular commercial eggs
- Decrease the amount of butter
- Or replace butter with avocados