Mmm. French toast recipe.
I really love making it.
And while, I enjoy them in the morning, I think midnight French toasts are the best.
If you’re living alone and forgot to buy sugar, boy, this will also make you drool. I didn’t think it was even better without the sugar or honey ? but it worked!
I used powdered chocolate because I went grocery shopping at Shopwise Alabang and forgot the damn sugar.
Good thing I did.
Just drop the pancakes and syrup for now and indulge in these marvelous triangles. They’re good post workout snacks and midnight fillers when you’re working all night on a project too. Especially when you’re still waiting for McDonald’s delivery to order your breakfast. ?
Enjoy making these and if you have your own French toast recipe, care to share them in the comments too!
I wanna know what toppings you love ?????? or how your French toast recipe is.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Sugar / honey / powdered chocolate
- Banana or any fruit (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Make the egg + milk + cinnamon mixture
- Dip the bread and let it soak on both sides
- Heat the pan (no oil or butter) and grill the bread
- Flip over until golden brown or until edges are crisp
- Half the bread into triangles.
- Serve with fruit and top off with sugar, honey or powdered chocolate like Milo.
- You may use powdered sugar instead of table sugar
- Best to top the toasts while hot off the pan