When you just have no time to whip up a fancy breakfast platter, or if you’re running out of ideas on what to serve yourself, why not try this easy healthy breakfast recipe with egg, buttered toast and fruits?
It could be just like the continental one you get at hotels. 😉
more “Buttered Toast with Spiced Egg, Fresh Pomello and Melon Recipe”
Looking for a quick hearty meal?
This spicy shrimp pasta recipe in garlic butter curry sauce is an easy choice that only takes 20 minutes to cook!
A lot of my relatives are asking for this recipe after I brought over some ingredients two Sundays ago at my dad’s childhood home in Quezon City. We were celebrating my two grandma’s birthdays.
I would have brought over a cooked pasta dish but I didn’t have enough time before leaving home. So I decided why not just cook there and make it imprompto?
I came up with this recipe after one late night I was working. I usually work on my startups from 12am to 7am (that’s when my baby girl Avis is asleep) thus when I get hungry I want something that’s fast so I can get back to my desk.
In my sleepy eyes, I dragged myself to the kitchen and opened up the fridge.
Frozen bacon, frozen chicken, frozen meat…
There was nothing that I could easily cook there and be done with.
So I pulled the chiller and then I remembered I went grocery shopping a few days back: I HAVE SHRIMP!
And then this pasta was born. It’s been my go-to midnight meal ever since because cooking and prepping takes less time.
You only need 5 major ingredients to make this.
Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Butter Curry Sauce
Looking for a quick hearty meal? This spicy shrimp pasta recipe in garlic butter curry sauce is an easy choice that only takes 20 minutes to cook!
- A handful of veggie pasta (1 full grip is to 2 servings)
- 1 cup peeled shrimp
- 1/4 head of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter (equivalent to 1 stick of Dairy Creme), halved
- 2 tsp curry
- 1 small ripe tomato (optional)
- 1 fresh parsley
- A dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a boiling water moderately seasoned with salt for 10 minutes. Add some olive oil to the water to help prevent the pasta from sticking.
- While the pasta is cooking, thaw the shrimp if it's frozen.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Add half of the butter, minced garlic & curry. Add a dash of salt & black pepper. Wait for it to become a fragrant cloud on the pan.
- Saute the garlic until golden brown. Add the shrimp and saute until it's orange pink in color. Turn off the stove once it's done.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and let it cool. Add a few slices of butter to the hot pasta.
- Toss the pasta into the garlic butter curry sauce until well-coated. Sprinkle with a bit of cayenne pepper for extra heat. Toss again.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and sliced tomatoes.
- You can use ordinary pasta, but I wanted it extra healthy & veggie pasta was cheaper so I used that.
- Tomatoes are optional, but it's a great palette cleanser if your pasta turns out too spicy.
- Adding butter will not only make your pasta yummy, but also gives it a nice gloss finish and keeps it from clumping together.
Earth Love Skin http://earthloveskin.com/